Saturday, February 2, 2013

Making progress

I finally spent a little time on the bike today. This last week didn't go quite as planned. I was still feeling tired, so there were several days that after work I came home and crashed instead of riding. Since my scan I have lost 11 pounds. I am averaging 5 pounds a week coming off, and I really can't complain much about that. I hope I can do much the same this week, and get somewhere close to 210. I have my diet pretty dialed, and no soda or excess sugar is really helping out. If I can start burning extra calories, I know some good will happen. I also know I was quite bloated going into my scan to drop so much weight. I gave my endocrinologist paperwork so I can get a TUE or therapeutic use exemption. All of the drugs I take are on the banned list. I take Synthroid, Cytomel and Testosterone. I have zero thyroid producing tissue in my body, thus the need for Synthroid and Cytomel for replacement. My total testosterone sits at 100 and many times below it. I am not sure what happened to me, but I got the double whammy of cancer and major low testosterone. When injected, my total testosterone hits around 500-600. It isn't like I am getting some massive amount and have an unfair advantage. I will try two days of training in a row tomorrow. It is all just a big experiment in how much I can take, and how fast I snap back from efforts. I really hope I can keep cutting weight. I really would love it to be easy to get below 200, then I can focus on taking the rest of my weight off slowly over the next 6 months or so. I would love a pound or two per week once below 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment